Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Sojurner
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

2 annoying problems

[ Edited ]

I have 2 problems that are just getting on my nerves. I am using a Curve 8310... The first 2 problems are the most important ones...the third is not that important but any answer is appreciated.. Thank you in advance. :-)

Problem #1

I want to change the notification sound that my Curve makes when i get a text message. I did read through these forums and found a post which said how to change it. However i do not have the same options. I can choose profiles and then go to advanced. But where the poster said there would be an option for SMS messeging i do not have that option. I just have all the main profiles and when i choose advanced i jsut get the same options in text and a place where it says "use profile on all except" what i have checked and its only things where i changed the ring tone. I still cant change the notifaction sound on SMS Texting.

Problem #2

My girl has a blackberry as well and she can pick up other bluetooth devices in range like other phones. When we were side by side last night and we tried to detect eachothers phones it kept saying NO DEVICES ARE WITHING RANGE. I have my bluetooth enabled because i have the little symbol in the upper left hand corner...

Message Edited by Sojurner on 06-15-2008 10:01 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
poppinfresh

Re: 3 annoying problems

Adding a contact:  I went to address book, then selected "New Address"  From here you can enter BB PINs, e-mail info, and phone/address information.  If you click the menu button here, you can also add a custom notification tone.

Notifications can be changed in the profiles area.  If you scroll down the list of profile options, you can then change the type of notifications you get on calls/SMS and can set up custom profiles.

I recently paired my BB 8300 with my daughter's cellphone (I handed my SYNC down to her), and had no trouble.  Be sure that on the other phone that you have enabled not only the Bluetooth to be on, but also the "Bluetooth Visibility" option, otherwise it will be there but invisible (like how you can be on Yahoo Messenger.)

Hope this helps, if you continue to have trouble, PM me.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Historyteacher2

Ok, apparently I'm "special."  You mentioned: If you scroll down the list of profile options, you can then change the type of notifications you get on calls/SMS and can set up custom profiles.

Ummmm, how do I get to the list-o-profile options? 

-Bake

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Go to profiles - advanced - active menu key - edit and you will see where you can set tones for all the functions.

Please remember you will have to set them for all the profiles you use.

Let me know if you have more questions

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Irony

Thank you - You have saved my life!  At least my job...
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Good for you....glad I didn't have your life in my hands!

Now about those kickbacks from your job........     :smileywink: :smileyhappy:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.