Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

DonovanPorter
My Device: Curve 9380

2g / 3g / 2g,3g

hi guys and gals

i have a 9380 which had an issue with the ear piece being very soft , this unit got exchanged and i now have a new phone , of the same model 

no i have noticed i can not switch the device to only 2g where as on my previous 9380 i could switch between 3g , 2g , 2g/3g.

my battery lasts no longer than 9 hours and its very hot the whole time . 

surely this is not right , or is this the new os7 that does not support 2g ?

i have been instructed to take the phone back because it might be a faulty exchange unit ...

can any one shed some light on this ??

Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: 2g / 3g / 2g,3g

Hi DonovanPorter and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

With BlackBerry® 7.1 software, this option has been removed. You can no longer switch to 2G only.  If a 3G connection isn't availble it will default to the 2G network.

This article will provide some other battery saving tips to help maximize your battery life.

KB14320 - How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
fvioleiro
My Device: Z10

Re: 2g / 3g / 2g,3g

Good morning to you all.

I'm from Portugal, and i notice a small issue concerning to the transition between 2g/3G on my  curve 9360.

Sometimes it has difficult to switch from EDGE to 3G, even if it's on automatic. But doing it manualy, the phone catches the 3G signal, and stays that way. Doing the reverse way, ok too. Only in "auto", and has i said, some times, has some difficult to make that transition.

My operator is "TMN", but i thing that's nothing to do with them, since doing't manually it works.

Does anybody had the same issue?

Thanks