Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
jamieb22
My Device: Not Specified

3 Month Repair Wait Time in South Africa

The mind totally boggles how RIM can sell South African customers a phone that has a standard three month repair wait time. Apparently, there are no repair facilities in South Africa and the phones must be shipped overseas for repair. What are you doing selling phones in our country without the proper facilities? You are creating an extremely bad reputation amoungst high end South African consumers. Either remove the phones from the market entirely or investment in the proper repair facilities.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 3 Month Repair Wait Time in South Africa

RIM does not sell phones in South Africa, your carrier does. :smileyhappy:

You are not being reasonable to think a manufacturer like RIM must have a repair facility in each country in which its devices are sold, as RIM is in over 150 nations. Do the math.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
sanimoyo
My Device: Bold 9900

Have a look at Berryfix, they have a 3 day turnaround on blackberry repairs (at most) nationwide.

juju001
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I disagree, they should at least have repair branches in countries where they have the most sales and South Africa ranks in the top 5 if not top amongst those 150 nations, RIM should really rethink this. I'm sitting with the same problem in Germany, Berlin where I cannot find any BB Repair Centre, I will have to send the phone all the way to the State.