Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AustinBranson
My Device: 3g 9300

3G 9300 screen

I have an 11 month old 3G 9300 Curve, and the screen has failed.  I get an area of white, with a partial 'ghost' surrounding it.  I cannot access anything.  I cannot get the phone repaired underwarranty, as I bought it from Amazon.UK Marketplace.  That marketplace trader has mysteriously disappeared from Amazon, and Amazon refuse to honour their warranty as seller.  They have told me to contact Blackberry, who tell me to contact seller.  I have, of course, sent an email to seller, but have got (and expect) no response.  Can anyone suggest how I might get the phone working, please?

Thankyou,

Austin

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 3G 9300 screen

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For free, I can see, from your post, no hope to get this repaired. Rather, all I can see is that you should find a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician...and obtain an evaluation and estimate for repair.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AustinBranson

Yes - that's what I thought.  My brother is a bit of a whizz with things electronic - can I buy a replacement screen, and have him install it, do you know?

Austin

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I am not a hardware technician nor do I know your brothers qualifications -- so no, I don't know.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AustinBranson

OK - thanks anyway. 

Austin