Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Sseadoubleyou
My Device: Not Specified

4.3 OS on curve 8320?

Does anyone know if this software OS is available for the curve 8320 for tmobile?  Their site still shows 4.2.2 and they insist there is no higher version.  Yet since November of last year, I have seen videos all over the net of peoples bb phones with 4.3 on it showing how it records video, etc.  Any info?  I really wanna record video and upgrade my memory card to a 8gb card.:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: 4.3 OS on curve 8320?

Sseadoubleyou wrote:
Does anyone know if this software OS is available for the curve 8320 for tmobile?  Their site still shows 4.2.2 and they insist there is no higher version.  Yet since November of last year, I have seen videos all over the net of peoples bb phones with 4.3 on it showing how it records video, etc.  Any info?  I really wanna record video and upgrade my memory card to a 8gb card.:smileyhappy:

Waiting for T-Mobile to publish the new OS is the most secure way. But if you're confident, you can read the walkthrough to install the OS 4.5 from another carrier (for example AT&T very recently) but there are some manual stuff to do for it to work.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kismeras

Where can i find instructions for installng the 4.5 OS on my Tmobile 8320? My 8320 is unlocked. Also, i have seen the 4.3 videos on the net as well. Does anyone know how to get it?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

After you download and install the handheld software from a carrier's website that has the 4.5 OS, do a search on your computer to find and delete the vendor.xml file. The file is most likely in the following location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Afterwards just start the Desktop Manager and the software will be available for you to install.

**NOTE** - the handheld software you have must be for the same model as you have. You cannot install software for any other model.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kismeras

Thanks
Please use plain text.