Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 v6.0.0.526, platform
My Carrier: AT&T

4.5 OPS loading error

After loading 4.5  using the instructions copied and pasted below (italics), I cannot get phone to restart.  It goes through hourglass, white screen, AT&T logo, then says "App error 552" and gives one option - to reset.  Reset only puts in through the same cycle.

I wanted to follow the last part of instruction #4 listed below, but not only is my error message a different number, my device manager will not recognize my BB as being connected.  What should I do?

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8310:

1. Make sure you have
Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed. If you don't already have it you can download it here.
2. Download the OS file listed above to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\
research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 4.5 OPS loading error

Answered in your other thread:

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code