Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Winnie79
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT & T

Re: 5.0 Software Device Upgrade Issue

Hi Bee-Bee,

Maybe you can help me with this, I downloaded last night the new software for the BB, and now i am having problem with the BBM groups.

I see the groups but i cannot see the conversations or the pictures... any ideas why? How can i fix it?

Could it be because the other member of the group havent upgraded to the new OS?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bee-Bee
My Device: Curve 8900 downgraded to 4.6.1.231
My Carrier: T-mobile

Hello Winnie79,

I'll be glad to try and help you.
I'm on my BB currently, and can't see which carrier you're using. I'll try to get to my laptop very soon.
I need some important details.. Which version of Desktop Manager were you using prior to the OS upgrade? Did Desktop Manager prompt you & tell you upgrade was available? Or, you Uninstalled the old version of OS> then downloaded new BB Device Software (OS) to your PC.
To simplify....What I'm needing to know, before I give you any direction, are the exact steps/procedure you used when downloading the upgrade OS v5.0.0.822.
For example you Backed up your BB> Downloaded the new OS to your desktop>...or did the current version of Desktop Manager prompt you there was a new device software OS 5.0 upgrade available.
Oh, which Desktop Manager version are you using after OS upgrade?
After you upgraded did you happen to perform a Restore?

I know this may seem like unnecessary information, but it's very very important.
I know this can be solved. It shouldn't matter which OS friends are using.
I think there is a conflict between some of the old OS contact format (for BBM) that didn't get converted to be recognized/compatible with new OS.

IMO, this newest OS v5.0.0.822 is a very touchy unforgiving (handle with white gloves) When installing, it doesn't like you to bring a whole lot of your old OS into its new world all at once.

Feel free to ask me anything. I may have possibly confused you.

Bee-Bee
=)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blkcat
My Device: Not Specified

Had same issue.  Up graded 5.0 through phone Sunday evening, finally got an "successful download" this morning. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Winnie79
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT & T

I am using AT & T.

This is the first time I use a desktop manager, i downloaded it (i have a mac, by the way), installed it and it prometed me to upgrade to the new OS.

I downloaded the new OS and when installing just at the end it said that it could not be completed, but everything had changed, appearance, ringtones, even the side keys so i though it had actually finished and that it was completed...

i am using the latest version of the desktop manager.

After the upgrade i only did a back up of contacts and calendar.

i did not do a restore.

Also by the way i lost some contacts i had on the BB, now i dont have them anywhere...

Thaks for your help!!

Please use plain text.
msheppard777
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Lori.  I have the same thing.  How did you resolve the issue?  Did you unplug the device, reset the PC, ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.