Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

liam3209
My Device: Curve 93-- 3g

507 Error

Hi

I have a Curve 9300, which recently turned off, and rebooted itself randomly one night and had a little surprise for me. It turned on and showed a white screen and it read Error 507 visit blackberry.com for more details. So I did read up on the error, realised I had to reinstall the OS and so on, but everytime I go to connect the phone to my computer I get no connection between them. The phone turns on, the computer makes the sound to indicate it is connected, and the phone works with the battery out as long as it is connected to the USB cable. The image of the no battery sign apears so it is connecting somehow. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I need to get the phone back up and running ASAP! But need to get pass this 507 error and the problem of my Blackberry not connecting to the PC.

Many thanks,

Liam

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: 507 Error

Hello liam3209

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The 507 error, which basically means that a part, or all of the actual OS is missing from the handset, You have to reinstall the device Software to recover from this error . But as you're having problem in reinstalling the OS as  Desktop Software is Unble to detect you device and you having problem in reinstalling the OS you can try this Knowledge to force the detection :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Additional Information :

KB02792 : BlackBerry smartphone displays Error message “507” when upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.