Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

507 white screen- help please!!!!

My phone screen reads 507.....which i know means no OS. So i'm trying to go through the steps listed in this forum...But for some reason I can't get the BB recognized via the usb ports. I've tried three different cpu's and the results are the same....I have downloaded the DM and sprints OS software for the phone. But since i can't get the DM to connect i can't use the application loader. I have tried to install the driver manual by locating the driver in the following folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\RimUsbNT.inf. The title in the device manager(windows) will change from unknown to BB. Afterwards, when i start the DM it still show no connection. Once i restart the cpu the device is not recognized and i got to locate the driver again. When i start the application loader is doesnt give me any option under the drop down. i have tried using vista and xp still get the same results.  

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: 507 white screen- help please!!!!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02792&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.