Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Eli
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8300 convenience key

I am trying to figure out how to set up the right-hand convenience key on a 8320 Curve to act like the escape key which is on the right-hand side of a BlackBerry 8700 (and any other model before trackballs arrived amongst us).  Getting some of my people switched over to the 8300 series trackball, but they badly want to retain the escape  button on the side. Convenience key setup only covers applications and I'm told by my provider it can't be done.  Does anyone have a positive answer to this?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 8300 convenience key

[ Edited ]

According to the knowledgebase it is only for applications, not function keys.

Sorry!

If this answers your question please resolve the thread by using the green check mark in the post that answered your question

If you would like any further information, please let us know.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-02-2008 06:35 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: 8300 convenience key

they'll have to deal with it.
Anyway, with the curve, apart from having Hellboy's right hand, the escape key is really easy to reach when you're using the trackball.

Hellboy's right hand 

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: