Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

8310 4gb SDHC problem

I bought a new Curve just over two weeks ago, and shortly bought a Sandisk 4gb SDHC card, which various forums said it would support.  Downloaded OS V4.5.0.37 earlier this week, and everything worked flawlessly...until yesterday.  I went into my media-pictures-to change my home screen background, and my phone locked up.  Took the battery out, and when I put it back in, it locks up within a few seconds after the phone loads back up.  When I take out the memory card, it works fine.  I have tried re-formatting the card twice through windows, and successfully re-formated back to 3.76 gb free space.  When I go back into Desktop Manager ( I have version 4.5, just downgraded to 4.3, with the same phone effects) and put the pictures and music back on my phone, it still locks up.  It stops working when it is attempting to create the pictures into small icons.  Sandisk said the card could be corrupt, but to check with BB to see if that 4gb sdhc is even compatible with my curve.

Please help, as sandisk really didnt offer any other advise other than it could be corrupt.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 8310 4gb SDHC problem

I haven't use any 4 GB microSDHC in my handheld but from different forum I've learned that micro SDHC will work in BB. Even this community member frfghtr mentioned that he was successful in using 4GB SDHC card in his device. I guess the card you're using might have some faults.

But officially following are the details on memory supported by BlackBerry -

Max. Media Support depends on the version of device OS that you're using.

BlackBerry Device Software                         Media Card Size Limit

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0                         Up to 2GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1                         Up to 4GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2                         Up to 4GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0                         Up to 8GB

All are microSD.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit