Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

8310 Camera Malfunction

My camera image has suddenly gone all reddish and kind of distorted, and when I take a picture it acts like it is snapping the pic but nothing records in the memory. Has anyone else's camera done this?  I've taken it to 2 different AT&T store and no one has seen anything like it or knows what to do. All of the camera settings are correct. Suggestions?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: 8310 Camera Malfunction

I haven't had that prob with my Curve 8310, but I did have that issue with my SLR digital camera.  I believe that someone dropped it, although I haven't been able to get anyone in the house to confess to the crime...  Because it too, has this pinkish-red hue (and sometimes grainy horizontal lines are added) to the pics.  I can see it plain as day on the viewfinder, even when using the optical one.  I've seen TVs with the reddish hue, but that was often due to magnetic fields and if you degaussed the TV, this often fixed the issue.  My camera, however, could not be treated the same way, and I have seen it on the floor when I've left it on my desk and so I feel that dropping it has affected it.

Not to make it worse, but have you tried shaking it or giving it a small pat/smack to see if the red hue goes away?  Not sure how to fix the issue, especially with the pic-snapping prob...

How old is the phone?  Is it still under some kind of warranty so you can return/exchange it for a working product?

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I actually just had this exact same thing happen to my curve right after I dropped it onto a hard surface for the first time.  I couldn't find anything about it online.  I was at Best Buy over the weekend and I have a friend who works in the phone section, and while talking I just so happened to show it to him and he fixed it!!!!  If you open your phone and press the lens in, it should work!  He said when I dropped it, the lens must have gotten loose or something and prevented the camera from working properly.

Hope this helps, as that's all he did to mine!  Now it works great, just like new :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Your problem is same like my Curve 8320. My camera and vide camera show red distortion color. And I can't save the picture. I have try to wupe handheld method but it does not solve the problems.

I hope someone can give me the solutions. Thanks for the attentions.