Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
boysenberry
My Device: Not Specified

8310 Curve Display Broken

Can anyone provide information on getting my 8310 repaired?  It's my son's and he was swinging a brass whistle around when it it hit his front jean pocket-right where the Curve was being carried.  The result is an actual little spider crack in the upper right of the display.  The phone works fine but it's a little difficult reading the information through the spider web crack.  Is the display covering glass or plastic?  Where do I send it and what would it costs?  As I stated, it does not affect any of the functions-it's just a cosmetic thing.  P.S. My son now carries the Curve in that same pocket but with the face in...teenagers actually do sometimes learn from their errors!!  Thanks for any help.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: 8310 Curve Display Broken

Contact with your carrier first. If they can't help you out then look for RIM authorized service center.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

Also, you might want to check ebay - I was able to pick up a replacement case for a 8300 for about $25... just had a 'different' carriers name on it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boysenberry

Thanks to both repliers for the info.  I'll try Ebay for replacement.  The ATT carrier I went back to was not much help and couldn't even give a contact number for RIMM.  Is the actual replacement of the display cover or enitre case rocket science or can an average klutz handle the job without screwing anything else up?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GreyGhost
My Device: 8320, 8700, 7105, 7100

Your service provider can never assist you in a case of a broken display(display cover ect.) unless you purchase the optional insurance through Asurion.
www.e46fanatics.com
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat

There is a number of youtube videos that show you how to repair a lot of the issues etc

Here's one, on the right handside you can see the others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQclExIj1OE

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boysenberry

That was a good source!  There are a number of videos dealing with the issue and it appears it is not rocker science!  Thanks.  Now I just have to keep a lookout on Ebay for buying the screen.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat

Let us know how you get on - i'm sure others would like to know how simple/hard it was... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
psametband

I had a similar problem and succesfully replaced the LCD on my 8310, using the YouTube video, an LCD replacement I bought on eBay plus Torx T-6 and T-4 screwdrivers. It cost me a total of $ 32.95 and it's working fine now. Not very difficult at all.

Please use plain text.