Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

8310 Keypad Lock and Profile Change Shortcuts

I used to have the pearl and if you held down the star key you could lock the keypad.  This does not work on the Curve.  What is this shortcut on the Curve?

Also, same issue with holding down the pound key on the pearl you could change the profile to the last used profile.  What is this shortcut on the Curve? 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 8310 Keypad Lock and Profile Change Shortcuts

If all of apps is visiable and accessible from home screen (not by clicking Application icon and display all apps) and if you disable dial from home screen then pressing K button will force auto lock.

For changing to vibrate profile press and hold Mute key at the top edge of the phone.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

This is a little more involved than I believe it should be just to lock the keys.  And the mute key shortcut doesn't work, it just puts the phone into standby mode. 

Anyone else have any suggestions? 

I finally found a keyboard shortcut to lock the keypad: Press "alt" and "return/enter" at the same time! (Curve 8330)