Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
meind
My Device: Blackberry 8310 Curve Vodafone

8310 Wiped - and no backup!

Hello All,

I've been a happy user configured on Lotes Notes, but recently i was transferd to Outlook (yeah!!). Apperently this changed my security policy and my password. And after 7 attemps from me and 3 (Im sure it's the right psw) by the IT guys... It is now a wiped BB.

Since the last backup is not able to be retrieved, i have an issue.

Is it possible to recover the data from my BB? Cause i really need my 500+ contacts back.

Thanks Guys..

Richard

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: 8310 Wiped - and no backup!

Was the BlackBerry activated on a BES? If so then your IT department can just issue a new activation password to reactivate your device. During the activation process all of your contacts will be restored.

If you're not on a BES, then were you synching with the Desktop Manager so that the data from your BlackBerry was also in Notes or Outlook? If so then you can just resynchronize and it will restore your contacts after the sync process completes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
meind

The BB was on a different server then its now at. So synchro with server is out of the question. It was a Lotus notes Server and its now Outlook BES.

My last sync with desktop mngr was from august, and this will return my sec. policies and then make the bb inaccessable..

But im trying it now as we speak.. so fingers crossed.

Richard..

Elite I
jmrmb80

Let us know how it goes.

BTW for future reference since you're on a BES and if you ever find your security password isn't working you can have your IT department reset it so everything doesn't get wiped

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor
meind

No Joy.

Resseting the BB gave me back some really old test messages but no contact information. Also my security policy changed again.

How do i reset it again? type in the wrong psw again 10 times?

Richard

Elite I
jmrmb80

Or going into Options | Security Options | General Settings. Hit the menu button and choose Wipe Handheld.

Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]
Also since you were migrated from Notes to Outlook, they didn't bring over your contacts for you into Outlook? I know there are 3rd party programs that can migrate data from Notes to Outlook and vice versa.
Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 02-18-2009 10:02 AM