Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

8310 does not auto connect to Acura's Handsfree link

My Blackberry Curve (8310) successfully paired with my Acura's Handsfree Link system and works well for incoming calls. However, when I physically dial a number from the phone by hand (and not using the voice commands), it does not automatically connect to the Handsfree system. Once the call is connected, I need to hit the Menu button, then scroll down to "Activate HandsfreeLink" and then the call transfers to the car. However, I need to do this everytime I make a call, which clearly defeats the purpose of Handsfree dialing while driving.
Has anyone else faced this issue & knows how to get the call to connect automatically to the car's bluetooth without the extra steps. My old Treo 680 (that I used with Sprint) worked just fine, so I know this should work.
Ideas?
Contributor

Re: 8310 does not auto connect to Acura's Handsfree link

Once your BlackBerry has been "paired", you have to "authorise" the paired device to allow it to connect automatically. If you look at the properties of your Acura connection, there should be an option for this. I don't have a current Bluetooth device to test, but I have managed to get this working in the past.

Contributor

Re: 8310 does not auto connect to Acura's Handsfree link

Sorry for the double posting.

In the Device Properties, change the Trusted field to yes. This will allow Bluetooth connection without a prompt.