Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TimberJon
My Device: Not Specified

8310 has attachment download failure

My Boss's 8310 Curve was working fine just a week ago. Now her attachments wont load up because "Service Book information cannot be found".

The request for the files also timed out. All I have read about this problem seems to be centered around BES. To my knowledge.. we dont use BES (Unless it is standard with the unlimited BB data plan). At any rate.. one fix suggested to delete all the service books so that they will reload on a phone reboot. Did that but problem persists.

One guy seems to have found a way to do it, but the post mentioned that he was pushing service books out from BES.

What if you don't use BES? Or do I? How do I access it?

Executives should not ever be locked out from viewing attachments.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: 8310 has attachment download failure

If the device isn't setup for BES I believe you can log into the BIS website of the carrier and there may be an option to resend service books to the device. Or you can contact the carrier and have them do that over the phone.

On the other hand if you all do have a BES then someone from the internal blackberry support desk will have access to the server to push any missing service books onto the device.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Try the below mentioned steps - 1. Register your handheld with the wireless network. To do so go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> click Menu button and select Register Now 2. Switch off your phone and remove the battery. Keep it idle for 30sec to 1min and then reinsert the battery 3. Delete you problematic mail ID from BIS and reintegrate it again

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TimberJon

[ Edited ]

I don't have BIS yet. Downloading it now, per a hint from previous post. I have to register this sucker. Never worked with BB before, Always had Moto's and not even smartphones. My first was the Blackjack, No problems there.

Update - Tried to submit PIN for password to the BIS account. No go. Tried registering, tells me that an account with my IMEI/PIN already exists. Then I finally get the message on the Curve from BB saying that no account exists for my PIN. Calling now...

Message Edited by TimberJon on 08-19-2008 01:42 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TimberJon

The fix was a total wipe, and re-register, then logging into BIS and verifying the email address(s) manually.

The cause of my problem, and I don't know if everyones problem was similar, was that when a phone loses its data or gets auto-wiped due to password entry errors, we hook it back up to the PC and re-sync everything. That's what I did, because I did not have a backup file. My boss only needs to sync with her outlook for all the latest stuff, so I did that.

Somehow -and I noticed this- the icon for the email disappeared. Instead, all emails were routed to the Messages folder. It is my belief, and that of the AT&T Tech, that attachments cannot be opened in THAT folder because of the format and the service books not allowing that action within that folder. So, properly registered email and updates to activate the email icon (using pop from Yahoo) which will allow attachment retrieval/viewing. At least in my case.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Glad you got it figured out!

Could you please take a minute and resolve the post! Others can find resolved issues faster.

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.