Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

8320- Can't stop duplicate emails when connected to PC

Please help!!  I can't get my emails to stop going to my BB when I'm connected to my PC.  I've clicked the "Disable message redirection" box.  What else can I do?

I get a zillion emails a day I can't keep going thru them on BB and PC or I'll be insane!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: 8320- Can't stop duplicate emails when connected to PC

Is the Desktop Manager running, or do you close it? The program has to be open (can be minimized) for that setting to work.

What version of the software are you running?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

Re: 8320- Can't stop duplicate emails when connected to PC

Yes, my desktop manager is on.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, I could PUKE!  I just down loaded 4.1 with the 4.1 service pack and then the 4.2 service pack.  My BB says 4.2.2.180. This time I did it as internet option instead of redirector option, hoping that would help.  Nope!  Still get all the emails.  At least I stopped getting those zillion other RIM. emails.  Now there is not an email option to click at all.  I give up

My IT guy at work is clueless. I know that we do NOT have Blackberry Enterprise Server here at the office.