12-05-2009 09:20 PM - edited 12-05-2009 09:27 PM
I received this Blackberry from my dad, he works at this company and they gave him this blackberry a while ago, and eventually they gave him a new one so he gave me this one. Needless to say, it was registered with BES, with some restrictions, however I was able to remove them all, from firewall policies to MMS and other policies that didn't allow to do certain things. (it's now BIS)
Everything is working great, except that I'm not able to access the media card using windows explorer. I'm not getting the prompt when connected to the PC, despite the fact that at options (on the device) I have it configured to prompt, and media card is activated and all.. which should make it work, but still doesn't.
I installed USB drivers (5.0.1) then the DM 5.0.1... tried to connect but nothing. However, DM does detect the device and shows its PIN number, I can make backups and install apps from there, so it is connected correctly, but I don't get a prompt asking for mass storage or just charge as it should...
I think it has to do with restrictions it used to have, because I can't think of any other reason for it not working. I wiped the device once, reinstalled ALL the device software (4.5) from my carrier, make sure no policy was active (I removed them using both policy.bin file and JL_cmder method.. the later worked best as it removed policies for firewall as well, which I was not able to do with the blank policy.bin file method. I removed the policy file already from my computer and deleted the registry entry I made when I used it, so this should not be a problem now. I even reinstalled DM, USB drivers, and tried "calfix" from blackberry support, which supposedly was going to fix my problem, but didn't.
I tried reading lots and lots of forum post, either from here or any other BB forum on the internet, but the solutions haven't worked on my BB device...
So, can anyone help me? What should I do? USB mass storage option is the only thing that doesn't work, but I need it to transfer files between my PC and my BB....
Thanks in advance.
edit: I forgot to add more details,
Windows 7 Ultimate
8320 with OS 220.127.116.11 installed
USB cable: the one provided with the device, I even tried connecting another Blackberry and it worked fine, so it has to be a problem with my blackberry and not the PC/windows/cable/desktop software.
12-07-2009 02:58 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forums!
First -- thank you so much for the detailed report...it really helps us know how to guide you! Kudos!!
I do not think that you have yet successfully removed the IT Policy...here is another method that has been tried by many that works:
After you complete that, you will have to reset everything from scratch...but the Policy should be gone.
Good luck and let us know!