Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

8320 Curve Desktop Manager

Hello all,

When I hook my Blackberry Curve 8320 up to my computer the Desktop Manager begins and starts the checking for application updates but doesn't stop it has run for 2 hours straight without stopping and it has only been about 2 weeks since I last hooked it up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: 8320 Curve Desktop Manager

Desktop Manager isn't the best of programs, it does have issues. I've uninstalled and reinstalled mine a number of times. Why don't you try that...remove it all and load it back on. It is a bit of a pain, I know, but hopefully that fixes it. Make sure you have the latest version too - 4.7. Here is a link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

I would get the one without the media manager since it is smaller and works better for me. I don't need the media manager, but if you do then by all means use it.

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Thanks that worked like a charm.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Glad it worked out :smileyhappy: enjoy!
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)