Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
fortheking
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8320, can't upgrade ROM from 4.2 to 4.5 because of no power

I have one BB8320, right after RIM release 4.5 ROM version I tried but it's failed.

Main reason is when I take the battery out, and then plug the cable I don't see the POWER LED (in red as normal), that's mean there's no POWER from BB to connect to computer.

This is the first time I do upgrade ROM, so I don't know what's problem with my BB, software or hardware. I think it's 90% problem with hardware. Two week recently, my BB has buring smell everytime it's recharged. And battery is just still within one day. If somebody faced this problem please sharing me your experiences. Now, I think my BB has serious thing. Please help!!! What should I do?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunny

Re: 8320, can't upgrade ROM from 4.2 to 4.5 because of no power

you have to keep your battery in your phone. then connect your usb cable, and start updating with your application loader.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fortheking

I learned to upgrade ROM by unplud battery. There's some ways to upgrade ROM without this action? Please help me. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunny

unless you don't plug your battery, your phone will not recognized by your computer...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

Yes plug in your battery to install the OS.

First make sure you have installed the Desktop Manager software. Then download and install the OS you want. Then open the Desktop Manager and select application loader. This will find the new OS and ask you to update. If it is an OS not from your carrier just delete the vendor.xml file it is located here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Please use plain text.