If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kezook
My Device: Not Specified

8320 won't associate with my network

Hi everyone

My 8320 on Orange was working fine then had power cut & my wifi network went down, had to reset router, got it all back up and running as an open network, put a passkey on network so it booted my 8320 off & my daughter's computer, have only been able to get other computer back on, now Blackberry recognises the network but comes up with Reason: Failed to associate with the network.  I've noticed in Tools, Certificates that the two T-Mobile certificates have ? by them, I'm sure I can remember when I first had 8320 in May I had to install these but it doesn't give me this option anymore only the option to view the certificates.  Any help would be much appreciated, bizarre thing is when I have the network protected I can log on with a Nokia E61i on Vodafone without entering the passkey!!!

I'm dazed & confused!   Not only do I now have computer rage but Blackberry rage too lol so if anyone sees a Dell 531 & a Blackberry 8320 come flying past their house they'll know it's come from sunny Worcestershire lol

Nicki

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 8320 won't associate with my network

If you don't mind, how do you get to tools certificates?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kezook

Click on the Tools icon (spanner) got to Security then Certificates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Thanks for the info, the word tools threw me, we use options here!

I can only ask if you have tried to connect your 8320 to a different network, this would eliminate either the device or your network as the problem I think. I did a search on these forums to see if there was another case that would provide resolution, but there wasn't. I am sending you a link discussing connection problems, perhaps it will give you some ideas of what to check.

Hope this helps!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=1830&query.id=21517#M...

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kezook

My mistake it is options here too!  Are you in USA?

Thanks for the link, will have a look

Regards

Nicki

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Yes I am...if you would have said spanner I would have figured it out! (British Brother in law!) :smileyhappy:

Let me know if you need anything else!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kezook

Will do, thanks again from sunny Worcestershire UK!
Please use plain text.