Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8330 Curve - Micro SD Problem

I ordered a MircoSD from an on-line dealer and can't get the thing to fit into my Curve.  I looked at the one Blackberry sells and they look the same, but I can't shut the little door with the card in there.  It won't snap into place.  Am I doing something wrong?  I need tinyteeniiiney fingers to try to get it in there and it won't work!  Help.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: 8330 Curve - Micro SD Problem

You are not alone. This is a very common issue! The SD card does NOT go under the door the SIM card. It actually fits into little slots on the door itself. Kinda like a cassette into a radio. Please let me know if you need more help. I will be happy to.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

well thanks for that!  My 17-year-old just kinda crammed it in there and put the battery back on and it worked...now I'm afraid to take it out cuz it might not work.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I would think if it is incorrectly installed it may mean that the connectors are not touching properly. Now I don't know for sure but I think that that could fry the card. Be brave and try it again.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Contributor
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330

lorriem1222 wrote:
You are not alone. This is a very common issue! The SD card does NOT go under the door the SIM card. It actually fits into little slots on the door itself. Kinda like a cassette into a radio. Please let me know if you need more help. I will be happy to.
Good to know.  Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Twizzer's come in very handy for this! Good light helps and moral support from a 12 yr old that knows everything there is to know about cell phones!