If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

shopnsharil1
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8330 Curve Sync with Mac

I just bought my Blackberry Curve and it is not sync with Pocket mac...is there a solution for mac users?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaybee

Re: 8330 Curve Sync with Mac

I am in the same boat. I have downloaded the PocketMac Sync Software as well as the upgrade solution for the Version 1.0 (1.0.9) which is the 4.0.20b and it still is giving me the error message "[08:46:55.138] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping". I have gone through the steps to resolve, including unplugging all USB connections except the Blackberry and it still won't recognize the darn thing! When I use technical support, they tell me to do the same thing, I've even uninstalled it and trashed it and started all over. I am at a loss, if I can't get it to sync it's going to have to go back. I currently run Mac OS X version 10.5.2 with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I am not sure how important that all is because I'm not super saavy in this area but if anyone has a solution please share!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fieldstar

kaybee - I also have the curve and had the same problem. If your carrier is Verizon, you can go to their store and hey will connect you to Blackberry Support. Whoever your carrier is they should connect you with BS. Otherwise you will have to pay BS for help. 

I downloaded the new software and driver numerous times to no avail. I was going around in circles, but now the problem is solved.

I got the Verizon Support and BS phone numbers and have them on my curve to avoid these problems in the future. These are numbers you don't have to pay for help.

Good luck...fieldstar 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CarynLucy
My Device: BB Curve 8320

I had the same problem with the Sprint version.  Even Tech Support couldn't get it working, so back it went.  I then went up the street to the T-Mobile store, bought the exact same phone, downloaded the software to my MAC and it works great!
Watch your thoughts they become your words
Watch your words they become your actions
Watch your actions they become your habits
Watch your habits they become your character
Watch your character for it becomes you destiny
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaybee

Thanks, I was just in there having them update my software because my PC was impossible to work with. I was told this update would make the sync compatible but still no luck. So, if I'm following you correctly...You have a Curve from VZ and a Mac and are now able to sync through PocketMac? Is this correct?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fieldstar

[ Edited ]

Yes to all those questions. Call Verizon Support (800-922-0204). If they can't solve the problem, tell them to connect you with Blackberry Support. They may give you a case number, which keeps you from being charged by BS. Try 877-255-2377 for BS. They have had a ton of people with the same problem. Their are continuously upgrading the software.

If the 877 # for BS won't help you, go to the Verizon store and they will connect you to BS at no charge. I have a iBook Intel and I took it to Verizon and they hooked me up with BS at know charge. Make sure you have the latest software installed and all of the other Blackberry software is trashed. It is not Verizon's or Mac's fault. The problem is with the Blackberry software.

The people at Verizon were very helpful. 

Try this and let me know how it works out. 

Fieldstar 

Message Edited by fieldstar on 06-10-2008 03:43 PM
Message Edited by fieldstar on 06-10-2008 03:46 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PocketMacAnne
My Device: 8300

If you have one of the new fast devices, you may need to use a patch.  There is not a problem with your device: it's just that the connection software was changed AFTER the last PocketMac program was posted.  A new one is being tested, but for now, there is a patch to connect to your newer devices.  There is a particular way to install it on top of the regular PocketMac program, so just follow these steps and you should be able to connect:

There is a solution for this. First, visit the download page: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp

and start the download process again. As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry. Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.

You have probably already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry." If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again.

Since you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well. That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."

TO INSTALL:
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Macintosh.
2. If you uninstalled PocketMac for BlackBerry, reinstall the main program now.
3. When the installer is finished, you will be prompted to restart. DO NOT click the restart button.
4. Install the Driver Update file please, this installer will complete very quickly.
5. Finally, restart the Macintosh now that the software application and driver updater installers have been completed.

After the restart is complete, please launch PocketMac for Blackberry, then plug-in your BlackBerry handheld. Click the Sync button to begin the synchronization session.

If you still can't connect, here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:

1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)

2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.

3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.

4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.

6. Install the driver again. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.

7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Please use plain text.
dobrien

As a Mac user you can try a third party software called Missing sync for Blackberry. I use it on my new curve and with a couple of minor (and I mean minor) exceptions, it works pretty well. Go to www.markspace.com

good luck....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boodaddy

I have to also agree with Missing Sync for Mac. While not the greatest program, and even though it is not free, it works for the most part. PocketMac has been nothing but headaches for me. It duplicates entries. It does not play well with ToDos created in iCal. I got at least one error or problem EVERY TIME I WOULD SYNC. T-Mobile tried to help but they would just connect me to Blackberry who would tell me to go to the PocketMac support site. All they ever do is say the same thing over and over as far as trying to get it to work. But for me, it NEVER worked consistently.

After two months I gave up and paid the $40 for Missing Sync. As far as I can tell, it is $40 well spent to avoid all the headaches.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deadlanguages

This only works if you have Mac OS 10.4 or higher. I have 10.3.9 - how do I get my Curve to sync with my Mac?
Please use plain text.