Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

8330 as a modem

I've been successful using my 8330 as a modem on my home PC.  Downloaded the software and everything is fine.  Here's the question: if I'm using another computer that is not connected to the web, I cannot get the software to connect.  And if I could connect, I would not need to use the Curve as a modem.  So, is it possible to store the software on the Curve, copy to the PC, and then install?  This would certainly help while on the road with a PC that is borrowed for an event.
Clues appreciated.

Therm
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8330 as a modem

I would think that if your Curve has a storage card (SD Card), you could download it to there, and then using a USB connection, connect with the PC and copy off the file from the PC. When you first connect, your BlackBerry is going to ask if you want it loaded as a USB device. That question doesn't hang around for long, and you must answer "Yes." Once you've done that, the storage card will be seen as USB medium and it should be visible in My Computer from the PC (I make the assumption that you're running Windows on this machine). Double-click on the icon for it and you should be able to see the file. It will probably be inside a folder named BlackBerry.

HTH.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: 8330 as a modem

Nop, the software can't be downladed to the memory card, but the software is in the box when yo bought the device, install the software from the cd inside the box.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.