Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
JmsRyan
My Device: 8330 Curve

8330 as a tethered fax/modem

I have been able to use virtually every previous cellular phone as a tethered fax/modem to my PC.  I am not wanting to use it for Internet access - but, rather to send faxes.

I have tried several different methods.  None of which work.  Most threads detail using the 8330 to connect to the Internet.

Any suggestions on how I can use this to send faxes from my PC?

Thanks!

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: 8330 as a tethered fax/modem

You need any third application to do it

you can visit www.handango.com 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
JmsRyan

These packages seem to fax from the Blackberry to an Internet Fax server...not using the Blackberry as a fax/modem.  The LG I had you could plug into the PC and it would be recognized as a Fax/modem device and faxes could be sent from Outlook, or a Fax program.

That is what I am trying to do.

pkcrawford
My Device: Not Specified

I have a similar situation.  I am trying to connect to remote router that is connected to a USRobotics modem through a regular phone line.  Is it posible to use my BOLD like a true modem to call the USR and start a terminal session?  I am interested in connecting to an Internet provider's APN.
New Contributor
JmsRyan

I finally was able to talk to a technician at Verizon.  He said the Storm is the only Blackberry that can be used as a fax/modem.  True or not, it slows my search.  Don't necessarily want a Storm, and don't fax too often.
JamieCutting
My Device: Not Specified

has any one been able to make this work on the curve 8330? I would love to be able to turn off my land line.
New Contributor
fespinos
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi there,

Did you get any solution to this problem?

I have the same situation:

Triying to use my torch 9800 as a fax/modem to send faxes to land lines through "Windows Fax and Scan" application.

Apparently WFS can't communicate with my torch 9800 to make the fax call.

Many thanks in advance