Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Talilo
My Device: Not Specified

8330 blinking light

Alright, I just got my first Blackberry, but I found the documentation quite lacking, but I have found answers to most questions I've had so far, except for one:  on the front of the device, near the top right hand corner, there is this light that all of a sudden began to blink continuously, in green.  I had seen it before in green and in red also, but it would stop blinking.  Now it just keeps blinking about every five or so seconds.  I have seem several guides to this device, but I have not seen any place where it even tells you what that light is.  Please help.  Thank you.

Talilo

New Contributor
BrianJ
My Device: Curve 8330 with Verizon

Re: 8330 blinking light

Talilo wrote:

Alright, I just got my first Blackberry, but I found the documentation quite lacking, but I have found answers to most questions I've had so far, except for one:  on the front of the device, near the top right hand corner, there is this light that all of a sudden began to blink continuously, in green.  I had seen it before in green and in red also, but it would stop blinking.  Now it just keeps blinking about every five or so seconds.  I have seem several guides to this device, but I have not seen any place where it even tells you what that light is.  Please help.  Thank you.

Talilo

Simple enough here is your answer/

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/2596/Turn_on_wireless_coverage_notification_28883_11.jsp

New Contributor
BlkBerryStar

Its Perfectly Normal!

-Green Tells You That You Got Signal/Coverage In The Area You Are In.

-Red Is For Missed Call, Text Message, Or Voice Message.

-Greenish/Orange/Yellowish Is When Your Phone Is Off But Charging Or Also When Your Phone's Battery Is Running Low.

-Blue Is When You Have A Blue Tooth Device Active On Your Phone.

Those Are The Only Colors Lights I've Seen. There Could Probably Be More Or Not, But I Hopes That Help For Now. :smileyhappy: Hope You Enjoy Your First BB As I Am Also With My First BB Too! LoL

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I too am new to blackberry! I started 5 weeks ago with a pearl.  Had multiple problems, system crashing, battery dying too fast, etc. So i traded in for a Curve after 3 tries on pearl.  I saw the green light flashing on my pearl, but when i read this post I realized, I havent seen the green light on my Curve.  Only the RED one to alert me of a message.  ??

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Just click on your options icon and select screen/keyboard scroll down and change "LED coverage indicator" to ON. Press the back key and save.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Can you tell me the reason we need the green light flashing (LED - turned on) ? Do i need to keep it on or is it BB user preference?

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Re: Re: 8330 blinking light

No it is not necessary to have it on. Only to let you know when you have coverage. I turn mine off and prefer that only the red LED indicator blinks to let me know when I've missed something. Its totally up to you.
New Contributor
suock1

The blinking light notifies you of your battery life and incoming messages/emails. If your battery is low it blinks green first then changes to red. New incoming messages and emails will activate the blinking green light. I have not changed any settings on my phone to modify this feature, and you may be able to do that. You will have to explore your BB to find out. suock1
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

cathlabnurse wrote:

Can you tell me the reason we need the green light flashing (LED - turned on) ? Do i need to keep it on or is it BB user preference?

imagine you're someone waiting for a very important message or phone call. You want to know if you have coverage at the place where you are => if green light, you know all you have to do is wait.
no green light => you know you must change location.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
porcupine
My Device: blackberry 8330

GREN LIGHT COVERAGE INDICATOR-this is turn offable in the phones settings.