Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

8330 curve problem

I have an 8330 curve that at various times the internal speaker shuts off or something....Something is causing the phone to shut down the internal speaker so when I dial the phone connects but I can not hear it dial or hear it ring...the only way I've found to fix the problem is to do a soft re-start(take the battery out). The first phone I had did it and I took it to Verizon and they said the phone was bad....now on 3rd phone....not the phone just something causing it. Help!!! Has this happened to anyone else? I've tried to narrow down what causes it---maybe going from car bluetooth (2009 Murano) to no bluetooth???? Just don't know and am very frustrated.....

Thanks for any help on this matter.... 

My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8330 curve problem

I'm not sure, and I am sure that you went around and around with it, having been through three phones.  But, are you sure your are actually going to "NO Bluetooth"?  Could the phone still be picking up and automatically staying connected to either your car bluetooth or some bluetooth headset that you have it paired with.  The bluetooth can and will work up to 30 feet away.  In fact, I use a stereo headset around the house and leave the phone in my bedroom on charger and can walk 50 feet away, with walls between me and the phone before I start losing the signal and sound begins cutting out (just example of how some of the BT signals are).  Did you try disabling the bluetooth on your device in your 'settings' to see if the phones internal speaker then works?