Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dejoy1976
My Device: Not Specified

8330 (error 1) Skipping PLEASE HELP (Ready get my money back)

Sprint Phone Blackberry Curve 8330

Won't Sync I have tried the following

1. Reload the software

2. Load software from website

3. Download driver updates

4. Sprint customer support

5. Mac customer support

6. Blackberry customer support

7. Waiting for days on a response from PocketMac

Has anyone been able to sync there 8330 with their Mac without spending more $$$$$$$$$

Tiger 10.4.11 on a G5 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
htankin

Re: 8330 (error 1) Skipping PLEASE HELP (Ready get my money back)

I went through this with my iMAC.

Make sure you download Pocketmac. Then make sure you have the 8330 device software loaded. I got my 8330 from Verizon and there was no device software. I went to Verizon site and downloaded. You MAY need to do the same with Sprint. If so, download it and install before you do the Pocketmac.

Also I found that even with this done I could not get it to synch..by trial and error I discovered I could not use a USB hub...guess insufficient power. Once I connected via the iMAC's USB port all synched just fine.

Harry 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PocketMacAnne
My Device: 8300

You got one of the newer devices that were released AFTER PocketMac was posted.  We have since posted a patch that will help you connect. There is a solution for this. First, visit the download page: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp

and start the download process again. As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry. Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.

You have probably already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry." If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again.

Since you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well. That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."

TO INSTALL:
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Macintosh.
2. If you uninstalled PocketMac for BlackBerry, reinstall the main program now.
3. When the installer is finished, you will be prompted to restart. DO NOT click the restart button.
4. Install the Driver Update file please, this installer will complete very quickly.
5. Finally, restart the Macintosh now that the software application and driver updater installers have been completed.

After the restart is complete, please launch PocketMac for Blackberry, then plug-in your BlackBerry handheld. Click the Sync button to begin the synchronization session.

If you still can't connect, here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:

1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)

2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.

3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.

4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.

6. Install the driver again. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.

7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Please use plain text.
michael212

this works great as a solution.  its nearly impossible to find this info so perhaps it can be added right on the blackberry site?  or maybe the software could just be updated to work out of the box?  its a GREAT solution, just not intuitive and impossible to find
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PocketMacAnne
My Device: 8300

Thanks!  We'll make sure the folks at RIM hear your feedback! 

By the way, the current version of the software located in their downloads area has been updated to 4.1.25.

In addition, there is a patch available to support the very newest MacBook Aluminum Macs, which have a newer version of OS 10.5.6 than the rest of us, that changed the USB connection for the BlackBerry devices.  Also, if anyone has a new Storm device and gets Error 1 Skipping or can't load the extended memory on the Mac, this new patch will help.

It's available on the PocketMac support site as well.

Happy holidays!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sbfarr7

Please help!!!! I did every thing that Pocket Anne said to do and I am still getting the "Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping" message.

I have a CURVE. I was using my first CURVE on pocket mac for about 6 months. That curve just died so I have the new one givien to my with my warranty. Pocket mac was working with it up until right now (for about 3 weeks). Now I get the skipping error.

Like I said I did all Pocket an said to do and still no success...Any answers out there???

Please use plain text.
mattisong

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience with Greg from Pocket Mac support as we were able to get my 8330 syncing with my Mac Book Pro following the same error.  The procedure is very similar to what was described above but the order of operations seemed to make all the difference.

1) Uninstall Pocket Mac using the included unistaller.

2) Verify that both the USB drivers were removed MacHD/System/Library/Extentions/BlackberryUSB.kext (BlackberryUSBDev.kext)

3) Restart

4) First Install the USB Drivers (DriverUpdate.3.1.1.dmg) these are high speed USB drivers the mac needs

5) Connect your 8330

6) Open AppleMenu/About This Mac/More Info/USB verify that you see RIM Composite Device (This means your Mac is seeing the device)

7) Install PocketMac 4.1.25 (I did this with my 8330 connected)

8) Disconnect 8330

9) Restart

10) Try to sync contacts alone first.

You should see a "connected to host" graphic on you blackberry.

I had uninstalled/re-installed by the other's recommended procedure at least half a dozen times.  When I did the drivers first, before PocketMac App it seemed to make all the difference for me.  Thanks to Greg at pocket Mac Support for working through this with me.  Happy Holidays.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcr

I have tried all of the above recommendations posted on this page, and STILL I cannot sync by 8330 with my MacBook Pro, despite the fact that I was able to do so weeks ago.

I password protect my BlackBerry, and last week a "friend" thought he could outsmart me and guess my password. After 10 failed attempts, the BlackBerry was wiped clean.

Fantastic, right?

Buy I've been using PocketMac to sync with my computer, so within minutes I was able to restorel all of the data back to my device.

However since then, I haven't been able to sync at all.  Which brought me here, to this forum.  And I've tried to unistall PocketMac, delete the extensions, reinstall, install the driver, etc, etc, etc....then I tried to do it all in the reverse order, as Matt suggested.  Still, nada.

Short of taking a hammer to my device, what can I do?  Does anybody out there have a solution for me?  Pleeeeeeease????????

Marc R

Please use plain text.
Kathy001

I did what you said and PocketMAc FINALLY found my Blackberry Storm 9530 (thank you thank you)and I was able to sync my contacts.  But.....the calendar and tasks keep crashing and are not syncing to my Storm.  Any fixes for this new problem?

Thanks.

Kathy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwallack

Hi,

I was quite hopeful when I read your notes. But after doing everything I still cannot connect!

Any other suggestiond? I'm going crazy here... 

Please use plain text.