Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8330

8330/no browser icon

Recently I purchased the 8330 on Ebay, got the phone, new with no box or software CD nothing. I turn the phone on&activate it. However, upon doing so I have no browser icon&am quite positive I am missing some applications that should of come on the device. I have poked around&read some interesting ways to get it back. I have tried the Options > Advance Options > Host Routing Table > Register Now. Didn't work, did that 2 times. I was wondering if there were any other options to get the browser icon. I went from an HTC Droid Incredible 2 to the 8330 (simply because I wanted a phone that was more basic without all the bells&whistles [I am 20 but also have a kindle&other fancy gadgets])

If I cant get the browser on it, I am considering getting the 8530 because it comes in purple. Any suggestions would be great!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: 8330/no browser icon

Hello brimariesmiles,

The following article should help regarding the missing Browser icon on your BlackBerry® smartphone:

The browser icon is missing or not shown on the BlackBerry smartphonehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03710

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!