Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

8350 almost nothing works

Yesterday a.m. my phone was completely dead. I assumed the battery had drained and charged it overnight. This a.m. the phone did not restart automatically. I started it up from its shut-down state (hourglass, slow progress bar). Once the home screen appeared, I  could not access email inboxes or SMS. I can search contacts, but when I try to initiate new email or new SMS, nothing happens. I can also search the calendar. I tested call reception and am able to receive a call, but when I try to terminate the call, the screen freezes. Once I manage to recover the home screem, there is an error message indicating an uncaught exception, an application not responding, and a process terminated. For example, when I went to Options (which did open) and clicked Applications in the Options menu, the screen froze. I rebooted by holding down the disconnect button and then restarting. When the home screen reappeared, it displayed this msg:

Uncaught exception

Application

net_rimPbb_options_app(228) is not responding; process terminated.

Other error messages have all involved uncaught exceptions and applications not responding.

I have tried connecting the phone to my Blackberry Desktop Software. While the software detects the presence of the phone and vice versa, the desktop software cannot connect to it.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the battery. The phone restarts and returns to the same state where most of the applications don't open and the desktop software cannot connect.

Additional information from the Options/About screen:

Blackberry 8530

v5.0.0.973 (Bundle 1596)

Cryptographic kernel v3.8.5.85

Branding version 1.0.105.2961

I don't know what to try next to restore the phone to a functioning state.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.