Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

GSA
GSA
My Device: Not Specified

8350i Direct Connect Peep while in Vibrate Mode

When my 8350i is in the holster and in vibrate mode it vibrates and makes an audible peep (like re-acquiring signal) when someone calls me on direct connect.  The settings for vibrate all show vibrate only and using the mute button on top doesn't prevent it.  A difficult solution is to turn off the speaker via the menu.  Does anyone have a simple solution?
Please use plain text.
mmerrill

Re: 8350i Direct Connect Peep while in Vibrate Mode

I have the same issue.  My last Nextel Blackberry 7100i would automatically turn off the speakerphone when the phone was in the vibrate or quiet mode.  This new one (8350i) seems to leave the direct connect on the speakerphone allowing the push to talk chime to go off loudly.  Then when you answer the radio it remains on speakerphone and is very loud.  There has got to be an answer for this.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpbell01

Re: 8350i Direct Connect Peep while in Vibrate Mode

Even more embarassing, and sometimes painful, for me is that my 8350i seems to answer the phone in speaker mode.  I answer a call and get the phone to my ear just in time for the callers first couple words to come blaring out the external speaker and into my ear.  Very embarassing when my wife uses a pet name in her first few words.  What is happening?
Please use plain text.