Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
jagnut
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

8350i SMS / MMS receive

I can send SMS/MMS messages but can only receive when I turn my BB on and off.

Did same testing with my wife who has a regular Nextel phone and she receives my text immediately but I have to do the on/off to get her's and others messages.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattbrett
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8350i SMS / MMS receive

I have the exact problem, but I need to remove battery and reset to get messages.  I'm on my second phone for this reason.  The first week went fine but now back to what I had with the old one.  Occaisionly I get a message but they tend to be hours if not a day later.  If you find out anything please let me know.  I receive emergency pages from this device and I am very frustrated that I don't get them.  I find myself reseting every coupkle hours because you don't know if it s working. Will soon ditch the phone.  Like having the options but has not been reliable.

Please someone help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wrpd2003

There was an earlier post on this very topic. A bunch of us at work got this phone and many of us are having the same problem.  I was told they are working on a software patch that will fix the problem, but who knows when that will be.  I turn my phone off at night, and in the morning, I have to pull the battery out for a minute to do a hard restart.  If I don't do this, I will not receive my text messages.  Other people who leave their phone on all the time, don't seem to be affected by this.  I found a good way to test if it is working is just send yourself a text.  It will send and if you don't get it right away, you need to reset.  As I stated in my other post, I love the phone but this is getting very frustrating and I hope they can get this resolved very soon.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattbrett

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately My job doesn't allow me to be at a desk to do that test.  I'll guess I'll keep getting new phones until they resolve the problem.  If you ever find out that they come out with the software, please let me know.  If I get a new phone I'll try never to turn it off.  I feel your frustration.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagnut
My Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Thanks to all for the reply. I guess we'll have to wait for a fix.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wrpd2003

Matt, actually the test i was talking about was to send yourself a text message from the phone itself, not a computer.  I have since stopped doing that and just take the battery out every morning.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mattbrett

I'm new at this, how do you send yourself a text?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

it's as if you send an SMS to someone, but the recipient is your own phone number.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jzvi12
My Carrier: Nextel

OK people, If you want your BB 8350i to be able to have the "Compose SMS text" option just follow these instructions, and let me know if it works for you guys:

1) Go to "Options">"SMS Text",
2) Where it says "Data Coding", change it to & make sure it says "UCS2",
3)Where it says "Service Center", type: +13348000011 and click "Save",
4) Try to MMS someone and make sure it sends/receives MMS normally from your handset,
5) Do a battery pull and now it should appear the "Compose SMS Text" option when you press the BB menu button.

*Note: I'm a Nextel postpaid customer so I'm not sure if it works for Boostberrys, so just let me know =)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Runnin-Riot
My Device: BB 8350I
My Carrier: Nextel

How in the jeebers do i fix this texting problem I going bonkers!

Please use plain text.