Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve

8520 CURVE WON'T TURN ON OR CHARGE

I've had my blackberry for over a year, and never had any problems with it until 2 weeks ago, when all off a sudden it stopped being able to connect to the simcard, orange happily sent me a new one and it worked fine..

Now it has completely packed in, i got low battery 2 days ago so put it on charge for an hour, when i came back to it the screen was black with only a empty battery and a red cross through it on the screen, i left it to charge a little longer and when i went back it was all the same still. 

So the next day i tried a different phone charger and a different wall socket, still no change. 

i tried my sisters blackberry battery in my phone and it got half way rebooting then stopped. 

So it seems to be more the phone to fault than the battery, i followed some instructions for downloading the latest software through my blackberry desktop manager through my laptop but it gets half way to "reconnecting to JVM" when it says "application loader was unable to connect to your device" 

I have rang orange and asked what they suggest i do and they were not helpful at all and suggest i just pay £150 for a new device which i think is unreasonable since it has stopped working on its own, i haven't dropped it or got it wet for it to stop working. 

please help me! i don't know what other options i have! 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: 8520 CURVE WON'T TURN ON OR CHARGE

If you see the battery symbol with the red "x", the battery is bad or the phone is not connecting to the battery correctly.

You cannot reload software onto the BlackBerry with this message.

Try another battery, if you don't get the red "x" your original battery is bad. You should be able to reload your software with the replacement battery.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

mine has the exact same problem have you managed to find a way of fixing it yet? and if so can you please let me know how

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve

yes my blackberry works fine now, i brought a brand new battery offline and it started working fine again! :smileyhappy: 

My Device: blackberry curve 8520 black

[ Edited ]

i have a very similar or same problem, my blackberry turns on and loads and the white screen comes on and it says ''blackberry'' and it does not do anything else,please help.