Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
gilli
My Device: 8520 CURVE
My Carrier: 02
Accepted Solution

8520 I can hear them but they can't hear me :(

I bought an 8520 today - calling out / in i can hear them but they can't hear me :smileysad:  help please?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 8520 I can hear them but they can't hear me :(

Was the device new or used? If used, it's possible that the microphone is defective. Have you tried removing the battery?

You could try reloading the OS and see if that helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilli

hello thank you for replying. It is used i have tried removing the battery and wiped the phone as it hadnt been... How do I reload the OS? I am very new to smart phones esp blackberry thank you
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Before we go that route, lets test the handset microphone.

Go to Options >Status

On that screen type the letters T E S T (you won't see the letters being typed anywhere but when you're done a diagnostics screen will come up.

As instructed hit the menu key and select "Start."

When asked if you want to be guided through the process select "No."

Check the box next to "Handset Audio"

Hit the menu key and select "Run."

There will be a few tests, including speaker tests and microphone tests. Just follow the on-screen instructions and see if the microphone tests good.

If the microphone tests good then it's either a software problem on the phone or a network problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilli

Hi again thank you it passed everything except microphone no sound was recorded :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That means the microphone is defective. If you can, return it to where you purchased it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilli

Thank you for helping me! 

Please use plain text.