Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: CellC

8520 - Keypad lights wont dim

My 8520 curves keypad lights don't dim after the screen back lights have switched off. Please help, this is eating my battery life!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 8520 - Keypad lights wont dim

Have you tried rebooting the device by removing the battery?

If that doesn't work, have you loaded any 3rd party apps?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes, I have rebooted, many times. And no, haven't loaded any 3rd party apps. I thought it might have been a battery problem as my battery was damaged, but I got a new battery on saturday (original BB batt) and alas, still does it. Battery life - approx 3 hours without using the phone much.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

How did the battery get damaged? Did the device get dropped or wet?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I think the phone was dropped by my friends daughter. I unfortunately don't know the full history of this phone. Mine was stolen and he was kind enough to give me this phone. Do you think it could be because it was dropped? The phone doesn't give any problems at all since I got a new battery. It used to switch off and restart on its own, but not since I got the new battery.