01-03-2013 05:05 AM
My 8520 has some serious problems right now. I tried to do a software upgrade but it failed at JVM connection. Now my device wont connect to my pc at all (doesn't pick up the device whatsoever), and the phone wont boot up, The only activity I get out of it is the LED flashing red once and then four times quickly.
Would really appreciate some help here.
01-03-2013 05:36 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
Is it a working device or it just happen while doing the update ? If it is during Update then I think something gone wrong with your Update process.To recover your device please try this Knowledge base :
KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.
I hope you have your device Backup .
01-03-2013 05:46 AM
01-03-2013 06:15 AM
If Application loader is unable to detect your device then try this :
( Credit JSanders )
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
01-03-2013 06:48 AM
well that's the problem my friend phone had at first... it wasn't being recognised by the computer just saying unknown device. i had to take the battery out and only then it woulc read the phone so i had to do a wipe then put back the battery in. i thought i fixed the prob cuz the phone came on after being up so late but i didn't, the phone came on and shuts itself off and back to blinking red led light
01-03-2013 07:20 AM
So please be clear, at this point, you've wiped the device and it won't reboot?
Try starting the device in Safe Mode, and see what happens?
Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
01-03-2013 07:56 AM
It's ok if it shows the device PIN, just proceed with the instructions.
01-03-2013 08:05 AM
01-03-2013 08:08 AM