Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ryanj
My Device: Curve 8520

8520 - Need some expert help

My 8520 has some serious problems right now. I tried to do a software upgrade but it failed at JVM connection. Now my device wont connect to my pc at all (doesn't pick up the device whatsoever), and the phone wont boot up, The only activity I get out of it is the LED flashing red once and then four times quickly. 

Would really appreciate some help here.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: 8520 - Need some expert help

Hi ryanj

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Is it a working device or it just happen while doing the update ? If it is during Update then I think something gone wrong with your Update process.To recover your device please try this Knowledge base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

I hope you have your device Backup .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ryanj

Nothing is broken on the phone. It was working 18 hours ago, The problems started with the software upgrade.

The computer isnt picking up the device at all. Not even forcing a connection is helping. It's like the phone has no idea it is a blackberry (If that makes any sense)
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

If Application loader is unable to detect your device then try this :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
orion212
My Device: 9850

well that's the problem my friend phone had at first... it wasn't being recognised by the computer just saying unknown device. i had to take the battery out and only then it woulc read the phone so i had to do a wipe then put back the battery in. i thought i fixed the prob cuz the phone came on after being up so late but i didn't, the phone came on and shuts itself off and back to blinking red led light

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So please be clear, at this point, you've wiped the device and it won't reboot?

Try starting the device in Safe Mode, and see what happens?

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
orion212

why isn't the nojvm not working on my laptop? I tried that but its showing the device pin still. Hmm maybe its a symptoms for blackberry 8520
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It's ok if it shows the device PIN, just proceed with the instructions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
orion212

I did but it seems nojvm has no effect on it cuz its loading all of the modules then it shows reconnecting to jvm them I got an error 0x00000024. Could there be any other reason why the jvm is giving so much of a problem? Plus my jl_commander doesn't work to wipe the phone anymore... which was able to give me the 507 error screen or the 513 reset
New Contributor
ryanj

Prince, I've tried that but its a problem because my PC isnt picking the device up at all. There are no options in connection. This phone is like a brick now absolutely useless because of a silly update.