Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
orion212
My Device: 9850

Re: 8520 - Need some expert help

Ok but how would I know that its charging? The phone doesn't show no indication of the battery is being charged... I had to use my bro's bb to charge the battery. The battery I'm currently using is fully charge but the phone would take like 45mins give or take to read the battery then show the blackberry logo with the load bar
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

orion212 wrote:
Ok but how would I know that its charging? The phone doesn't show no indication of the battery is being charged... I had to use my bro's bb to charge the battery. The battery I'm currently using is fully charge but the phone would take like 45mins give or take to read the battery then show the blackberry logo with the load bar

You won't know... just keep charging and trying the reboot sequence every few hours.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

Alright I'll keep trying that and see where I can go frm there
Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

Just a question, could the on device battery be the reason for this all? I mean, I managed to get the updated loaded with one error this morning and the phone came on for like well over 20mins and then it shut down and started to flash the red led. I thought it malfunctioned again and tried to install back the os on the phone. Well I'm downloading desktop manager on the desktop at home and will be using that instead of the laptop and see if it would work this time
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

orion212 wrote:
Just a question, could the on device battery be the reason for this all?

Yes, that is likely the problem.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

Thanks I'll see if I can get the on-device battery to change and see if it works and keep you guys posted :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

ryanj wrote:
Prince, I've tried that but its a problem because my PC isnt picking the device up at all. There are no options in connection. This phone is like a brick now absolutely useless because of a silly update.

Hi ryanj

Can you try the same on another PC ,Also try changing the USB port, As suggested by JSanders try using BBSAK , it may take multiple attempt to connect your device.You have to try all possibilities in order to recover your device. Check this troubleshoot guide :

KB00125 : Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry Smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

well i wasnt getting anything from it so i sent the phone to a technician friend of mines to check the board out to see if theres really a problem with it. thats the only conclusion i have right now cuz the phone just wont come on right away unless u leave out the battery for a long period of time then put it back it... that has to do with the current flow on the board and not really the software. this was the first problem he had with it and thought it was his battery and he just destroyed his good battery for that matter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryanj
My Device: Curve 8520

Thanks for the reply man, 

yeah I have tried all of that. 

The OS AND Firmware are completely shot. It's like a new motherboard that has just been manufactured and there is no firmware on it. I think i need to get the firmware on first. Then the OS. Anyway to get the firmware on? 

Please use plain text.