Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
grace_21
My Device: 8520
Accepted Solution

8520 Wifi wont turn on

I have the bb 8520 i try to set up the wifi when ever i click on turn on wifi it loads for a coule of seconds and says unable to turn on wifi. The network im on is orange i have a package that make bbm and more stuff work. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8520 Wifi wont turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

While written for a different BB model, perhaps the steps in this KB could help you:

•  KB17030Unable to turn on Wi-Fi radio

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grace_21

Thanks for the welcome :smileyhappy:
Well I tried but it didn't work did help with some apps I can't open though :smileyhappy: althought my wifi stil doesn't work any more suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

grace_21 wrote:
doesn't work any more

Lacking punctuation in your post, I have to guess. Did you mean the above? As in, it used to work? Or has it never worked?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grace_21

My bb's wifi used to work when I first bought my blackberry but stopped working and won't turn on anymore
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK thanks. So, just before it stopped working, did anything change? A new app? An updated app? A BB device OS update? The smallest thing could be causal, so think carefully.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grace_21

Uhmm, I got some apps, and once it said reload software:552 but I fixed it. Could any of those be a problem?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Given the lack of specificity about the added apps in your answer, my only answer to your question can be "Yes"...those could be the problem. But lacking details makes it impossible to know for sure.

How did you fix the 552? Did the WiFi work after you fixed it? When was the last time you did a clean reload of your BB OS?

Details help my friend...lacking them you leave me to only guess...which helps no one.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grace_21

I fixed the 552 problem by connecting my bb to my pc n downloading new new software onto it, currently I have v4.6.1.314 (Platform 4.2.0.135) , after that the wifi still didn't work. By clean reload or bb os it was about last week.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

grace_21 wrote:
I fixed the 552 problem by connecting my bb to my pc n downloading new new software onto it,

New New? What was your prior version? Exactly what method did you use...from your brief description, I can think of perhaps 5 methods that could have been...

grace_21 wrote:
after that the wifi still didn't work.

So it didn't work before the 552 fix?

grace_21 wrote:
By clean reload or bb os it was about last week.

Huh?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.