Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

8520 freezing

[ Edited ]

Once loaded main screen is just frozen tried taking battery out and restarting but same thing still happens think its down to a theme i downloaded can anyone help. is there a reset button anywere?  cant get into any of the phone to reset things.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8520 freezing

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend you try Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

thanks tried safe mode still no joy. main screen comes on then i cant do anything

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9030
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,
I had the same thing with my childs phone. It was about 5 months old when it started doing this. I did the same as you, take the battery
etc. In the end I called Orange, I spent about an hour on the phone with them trying to sort it with no luck so they agreed to exchange the phone. Depending how old your phone is I would take back and ask for a new one. One thing Orange does but does not tell is the will exchange a faulty Blackberry within 12 months for free.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

djgg wrote:
One thing Orange does but does not tell is the will exchange a faulty Blackberry within 12 months for free.

FYI -- that's actually completely in line with the 1-year warranty that RIM will honor (as serviced through the carriers and authorized resellers, of course).

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

ok thanks for reply my phones a bit older so it would be a no go thanks again