Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
j1986
My Device: 8520

8520 - how do i move old saved phone messages to my sim card inbox??

pls help! thanks
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 8520 - how do i move old saved phone messages to my sim card inbox??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Do you mean recorded voice mail messages? If so, then you don't...those are not stored on the device at all, they are stored in the voice mail system of your mobile service provider. Any capability to do anything with them would be controlled by them...and you'd need to ring them up to find out what can be done.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
j1986

hi thanks for the reply but i am actually referring to the SMS messages that was saved on the phone memory. i want to move it to my sim cards inbox memory so that when i change my unit/phone, i can still have all those messages with me.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ahhhh...OK...SMS messages then (you'd said "phone messages", which sounded to me like voice mail).

Check this KB please:

• KB13465 "SIM card is full please delete SMS messages" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

It shows you where the settings are for saving SMS messages to the SIM card. But, I think that might only affect newly delivered SMS messages, not what is already stored elsewhere on the device. I do not believe there is any "move" function to move existing messages to the SIM card.

The SIM card is not intended as a data storage medium for anything. Most all of the databases on the BB are much more robust than the SIM can handle, rendering it useless for any data storage.

However, if your intent is to shift to another BB, then you don't need to do that anyway...the Device Switch Wizard should move everything from your old BB to your new one correctly:

• KB23677 How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
j1986

thanks... im looking for the "move" function but theres none :smileysad: i wish i can still save it on my sim card... thanks btw.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If all you need is to "save" them, but not "use" them, then you can back them up to your computer, and then use a 3rd party PC extraction app (there are plenty if you just search) to have them in "human readable" format on your computer. You can find full backup instructions via the link in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates