Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

nix87
My Device: 8520 blackberry

8520 no signal

Iv got blackberry 8520 with vodaphone. It suddenly has stopped getting signal most of the time in the house. I know its not sim as sim works fine in other handsets and no prob with handset and service provider say its a blackberry problem so won't help. Iv looked under manage connections and doesn't appear to be option for changing to 3g as service provider suggested. Can anyone help?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: 8520 no signal

The 8520 is not a 3G device. As for why it's not picking up a signal it could be any number of reasons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
nix87
My Device: 8520 blackberry

what reasonscould this be as iv checked everything ive been ttold and sim is fine in another phone, had the handset checked and that all works fine and it was working fine until a few weeks ago with signal. vodaphone cant help as not a handset problem, it seems to be common problem with 8520 blackberry

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm confused, though. You say it's not a handset problem but you say it's a problem with 8520 BlackBerry. That's the same thing. The only way to find out for sure is to get another BlackBerry and test in the same locations with the same sim card, etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!