Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Supporting various models of BB, but mainly Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

8520 playing an alert upon disconnecting Bluetooth carkit

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I have a user who I have just upgraded from an 8310 to an 8520, using our BES Enterprise Activation system. With his new handset, everytime he disconnects (moves out of range) of his car's Bluetooth system, the handset plays a ringtone which cannot be silenced or cancelled (this goes on for a couple of minutes so is highly irritating).

His old handset did not do this and I am not aware of anyone else who I have upgraded who has experienced this. I have looked in the settings and the only thing even vaguely relating to this is the LED Indicator setting for connecting / disconnecting, but this of course did not resolve the issue.

Can anyone advise on this please?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: 8520 playing an alert upon disconnecting Bluetooth carkit

Hi the_louce and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Do you only hear a notification when disconnecting from Bluetooth or do you hear it with other events too?  Its possible the Event Notifications could be enabled under Options>Accessibility.  If so, try disabling it then test the connection again.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!