Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

arunssha
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: 8520 trackpad problems

I had same problem, 8520 trackpad stopped working. I went to service center they replaced it. I bought 9300 this time rather than getting 8520. After about 2 weeks I am seeing same problem in 9300 too. trackpad is dead slow and sometimes not responding. doesnt work even after restart. i have to remove the sim and put it back to make it better. But after few hours it goes back to same state.

New Contributor
LeftyYo
My Device: Not Specified

It's a HUGE problem.  I've had 4 different phones in the last 6 months (Bold), and they all have the very same problem, after a few weeks the trackpad freezes intermittently and the cursor jumps all over the page.  It's ridiculous that I should pay $400 for a phone, not to mention the monthly rate plan, and have to put up with this.  As someone said, the phone is basically useless without the trackpad.

New Contributor
nicell
My Device: Not Specified

Mine works sporadically and inconsistently; however I did notice that when I covered my thumb with cloth or my hem of my shirt it worked perfectly! I think it's something to do with friction and sensitivity. 

Has anyone tried that and found the same?

I'm not happy with that because I can't go around with my hand stuck up my shirt all the time so will be looking for some guidance from BB on it - or anyone here(?)

ra56
My Device: Curve 8520

I got this 8520 in November 2010 as a replacement for a 4 month old 8520 that was defective. The trackpad problems started shortly in the spring of 2011. Letting the phone go into standby works some of the time but not all the time. I just upgraded to OS 5 but the problem is still happening.

This model clearly has a design problem and RIM needs to stand behind its products and fix this.

Contributor
gravich
My Device: curve 8520

Hello, I had this problem yesterday, my solution was very simple. All I did was try the key pad lock button and then try unlock and this cleared the problem for me. Hope this works for you too.
darren66634
My Device: 8520

Use this link this will solve your problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dudX81PYP0

problemsolved
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

to all blackberry curve 8520 owners,  trackpad 9 out of 10 isnt the problem, its the metal plate behind battery the one with the blue screw!! i know this as i have two blackberry curves one with trackpad problem the other working fine i changed these metal plates over and guess what the fine curve now wont move and the broken one is working!!

its very easy to repair your self search on youtube for repair guide! i do hope this helps all your problems!  topbanana-shop.com

New Contributor
saumyamajumder

I'm having another type of problem. My trackpad working perfectly vertically but in horizontally the sensitivity is very low. Sometime working and sometime not. Can anyone tell me what is the reason for this? Though I selected 100% sensitivity for horizontal from settings.
Please help
New Contributor
saumyamajumder

You are right. If we use cloths, it is working fine. What kind of problem is this?
New Contributor
Hardy786
My Device: Blacberry Curve 8520

Hi
Like many on the net I also searched for answers. Try this and see if it works. Under Options go to Screen/Keyboard. Select click for trackball. Remove battery to reboot. Fixed my trackball problem 8520. Simple fix