Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

SMacK67
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: koodo

8530:Calendar keeps deleting all appointments

For the second time in the last month, all of my past and future calendar appointments are deleted. Is there a way to get them all back?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 8530:Calendar keeps deleting all appointments

You can't get them back unless you made backups or have the device set up to sync with your computer.

This usually happens when free memory gets low. Look in Options >Memory and see what your free application memory is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
SMacK67
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: koodo

Thanks John. The memory seems to be fine. Application memory 79.7 MB, media card 3.3 GB. Or does that seem low?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Are you syncing with a cloud service like Google or connecting the Blackberry to your computer? Improper syncing and low memory are the only reasons you would lose your calendar data. 79,.7MB free is good for the 8530. Keep in mind, though, that memory drops as you use the device and returns when the device is rebooted. You should keep an eye on the memory if you're having problems with data being deleted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.