Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Tomsberry
My Device: Not Specified

8830 Questions

I purchased my 8830 from a friend that needed money (paid too much)  Neither VZW or RIM will supply tech support without $, as I am now an orphan owner. I have Managed to download the desktop software from the RIM website and can sync with Outlook.  ( can't figure out music or pictures, I also have added my two email accounts...do I need both email folders plus a Message folder on the desktop? 

I get hundreds of emails on my device (Messages & Personal mailbox) and my Outlook Mail each day, starting with RIM_bca28a80 etc. The message tells me not to delete or move them.  How can I stop these from clogging my in boxes?

Thanks for your help, I'm 62 and a little tech challenged :smileysad:

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: 8830 Questions

Cheer up on being a proud BlackBerry owner!!

By design all the mail irresective of work or personal will come into your Messages folder on your BlackBerry. At the same time you can read a copy in individual mail boxes. If this seems incovenient to you then you can hide Messages folder. Just highlight the icon you want to hide -> hit Alt button -> click menu button -> select Hide Icon.

You're receiving network@etp messages because of wrong installation of your desktop manager. You need to change the redirector settings. In your PC Go to Control Panel -> Click Add / remove programs -> select Blackberry Desktop Manager -> click  Change/Remove -> click modify ->  then instead of selecting the checkbox for Enterprise Server/Redirector select the checkbox next to Blackberry Internet Service. This should will solve the problem.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
Tomsberry

Wow...thanks for the quick reply!  I tried what you suggested and received an error message.  Error 1706 no valid source for software 4.3 can't contine.
vjbalazik

Do you know how I can remove an email account from my 8830?  I sync my work and personal email accounts, but want to remove my personal hotmail account.