Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

8830 and Micro SD card issue

I have a 8830 with 8gig sd card.  Have used it for the past two months and no problems.  Even used it today.  Now when i insert the card into the phone it does recognize that there has been a media card inserted. But when I go to tools it shows that the card needs to be formatted.  So it tried formatting via the phone and that fails.  Even tried formating from PC and it says there is no media disk inserted.  Not reading the card for some odd reason.  I used it this morning with no issues and have not received any errors on phone.  Any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 8830 and Micro SD card issue

Hi and welcome to the forums:

If you have a card reader can the PC give you the options to format?

Make sure that in options-media first option Media card support is on.

I beliveve your media card has encounteed a major error and will need to be replaced.

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter