Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
CherryKityn

8900 curve BIS issues with AT&T

I have been working with AT&T for approx 2 weeks to restore BIS connection to my BB 8900 curve. I am not the most knowledgeable of people when it comes to cell phones and have been trying to find solutions on my own, but I am really at a loss now. I Have EDGE, I have had a fresh signal sent to my device while it is powered off, I have Registered Now under Host Routing Table, The AT&T helper tried sending me service books which I did not receive, she also asked for the last 6 digits on my SIM card, I had service books sent while I was connected to WI-FI which allowed my emails to come through but the moment I disconnect from WI-FI everything ceases to work again, I did a master reset on my phone per instructions which did not allow me to connect to BIS either, my diagnostic tests say yes to everything except Pin-Pin, I had my entire Blackberry Data Plan removed and readded, which also did not work. I have updated my OS on my phone to the most current version, which is not working. I completely deleted all my service books, and got some of them back upon powering up, which did hook me up to BIS, I also used someone elses SIM card in my cell to see if that would allow the phone to connect properly and get me the service books, again no luck. I managed to go to att.blackberry.com⁠ and sign my emails back up however there is no option on that page to send service books, as diagramed on here in many of the forums, so I am at a loss of what to do. I was told that I would be transferred to RIM/Blackberry for assistance but AT&T failed on this, and the notes the worker said she left in my file magically disappeared so now I have to go through all that again before I will be connected to RIM. I couldn't deal with that last night (After being on the phone for 2.5 hours) and am trying to see if there are other solutions here. Thanks for anyone and anything that can help.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8900 curve BIS issues with AT&T

HI and Welcome to the Forums!

Wow...but thank you for the detailed information...that really helps. But, sadly, it does sound as if you've done everything. And your BB's connection to your carriers BIS is controlled by your carrier...so they indeed must resolve this, and your only no-fee escalation to RIM is through them...these boards are user-to-user...not user-to-RIM...

I am confused about one thing, however. It's going to be hard to quote this since your paragraph is huge, so bear with me:

CherryKityn wrote:
I have been working with AT&T for approx 2 weeks to restore BIS connection to my BB 8900 curve. I am not the most knowledgeable of people when it comes to cell phones and have been trying to find solutions on my own, but I am really at a loss now. I Have EDGE, I have had a fresh signal sent to my device while it is powered off, I have Registered Now under Host Routing Table, The AT&T helper tried sending me service books which I did not receive, she also asked for the last 6 digits on my SIM card, I had service books sent while I was connected to WI-FI which allowed my emails to come through but the moment I disconnect from WI-FI everything ceases to work again, I did a master reset on my phone per instructions which did not allow me to connect to BIS either, my diagnostic tests say yes to everything except Pin-Pin, I had my entire Blackberry Data Plan removed and readded, which also did not work. I have updated my OS on my phone to the most current version, which is not working. I completely deleted all my service books, and got some of them back upon powering up, which did hook me up to BIS, I also used someone elses SIM card in my cell to see if that would allow the phone to connect properly and get me the service books, again no luck. I managed to go to att.blackberry.com⁠ and sign my emails back up however there is no option on that page to send service books, as diagramed on here in many of the forums, so I am at a loss of what to do. I was told that I would be transferred to RIM/Blackberry for assistance but AT&T failed on this, and the notes the worker said she left in my file magically disappeared so now I have to go through all that again before I will be connected to RIM. I couldn't deal with that last night (After being on the phone for 2.5 hours) and am trying to see if there are other solutions here. Thanks for anyone and anything that can help.

The words I've highlighted in bold/red -- that makes me think that all is well? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding...

Your carrier can send the books -- if they initiated them and they did not arrive, then your carrier has a problem that self-initiating of the books will not cure.

Again, sorry, but ATT is really the place that must resolve this...

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
jseagraves

CherryKityn,

I have the same exact problem and it started just a few days ago.  I have been on the phone with ATT and RIM (4 different people) and had to stop the call because the wanted me to re-install the device software.  A few days ago, my 8900 Curve stopped recieving emails UNLESS I was on wifi.  I am a pretty technical guys, so I tried everything before I called ATT.  I was concerned that it was something related to their network because my town just went 3G a few days before.  They said that everything was fine on their end.  I also tried the deletion of my email accounts from BIS, added them back, and had them push the service books to me.  That did not work.  I tried to have the phone "reset" by pulling the battery and leaving it for a few minutes, but nothing.  The service books never came back and I never got my email back.  I turned on the wifi and Bamm, there they were.  In fact, after doing this I got the dreaded BB White Screen of Death.  It is sort of like the Blue Screen of Death from Microsoft Window 2000 days, but when you get it, your done.  It had an "app error 523" on it and a highlighted "reset", which then caused the phone to totally reset as if the battery were pulled.  That "helped" to get things back in order, or so it seemed, until the thing stopped getting email unless it was connected to wifi, AGAIN.  That is when the RIM person told me it was time to re-install the device software.  So, here I sit trying to find a download of the device software to see if that will fix the issue.  In doing a Google search, I see your post listed and you are having the same exact issue.  What the heck!  I was thinking it was just my luck and just my phone, but now, I am hesitant to just re-install the software.

Wonder if anyone else has had this issue or a fix that does not take me down that path.  If I get it to work, I will let you know.

James

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

jseagraves wrote:
So, here I sit trying to find a download of the device software to see if that will fix the issue.

The device OS packages are released by the carriers. You can find your carriers download site via this portal:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.