Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
nishantpotdar
My Device: 9220 Curve

9220 modem problem

Since I have installed Windows 8 pro on my laptop I am unable to use blackberry modem on my laptop.

I have blackberry desktop software 7.0 installed on my laptop and I am using Blackberry curve 9220 with updated device software.

whenever I want to connect the internet from laptop, every time I need to reinstall the desktop software, and then I am able to connect to the internet using USB cable else I am getting error showing Failed to connect to the internet on the desktop software.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Detail of device:

Blackberry curve 9220

Platform: 9.50.0.80

App Version: 7.1.0.746(2102)

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: 9220 modem problem

Hi nishantpotdar

Please check those Knowledge base Article on how to use our BlackBerry Smartphone as an  tethered Modem if your Carrier support  :

KB24629 : How to use a BlackBerry smartphone as a tethered modem using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

KB12544 : Connect a computer to the Internet using a BlackBerry smartphone as a Bluetooth IP Modem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
nishantpotdar

Thanks for the reply, I did it before whatever mentioned in KB24629. It working fine after installing desktop software. after closing it or restarting the laptop I am facing same issue.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi nishantpotdar

Which version of BlackBerry Desktop Software you have installed on your PC ,If you are running the most recent then have you tried re- installing the same. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
nishantpotdar

Latest one
Contributor
nishantpotdar

B D S 7.1.0.37
Elite II
prince2012

Hi nishantpotdar

There are no such workaround for the problem you are having ,All you can do is try reconfiguring your  account profile or modem on your window 8. Please check this thread and see if that help :   BB Desktop Software won't connect to internet on Windows 8

New Contributor
nakuljazz4236
My Device: curve 9220

it won't connect at any cost. The BB desktop software does not connect through internet on windows 8!